With so much media hype surrounding carbs (carbohydrates), it’s no surprise that most of us are just plain confused. We are left with conflicting questions:
Are carbs bad for us?
Or, are they good for us?
Do they make us fat?
Or are they helpful in weight loss?
Nutrition is about balance. Diets that work need to be sustainable.
The role of carbohydrates is to feed the body with glucose. That glucose is then converted to energy and used to support energy for physical activity. The fact is that our bodies need complex carbohydrates.
The quality of the carbs chosen, as well as the amount, can make a big difference in how you look and feel as well as affect your ability to transform your body – losing weight or bulking with new added muscle.
What you might not know about carbs
- Carbs are a macronutrient. They are the sugars, fibers and starches found in the food we eat.
- Carbohydrates provide fuel for the nervous system as well as muscle groups.
- Carbs help the brain function and can affect mood, memory and your thought process.
- Eating the proper kinds and right amounts of carbs can actually help you shed fat.
- Carbohydrates are categorized in two ways – Simple Carbs (bad carbs) and Complex Carbs (good carbs). Simple carbs are digested more quickly giving you a spurt of energy that fades quickly. They are empty calories which can lead to weight gain. Complex carbs burn more slowly and provide sustained energy.
Don’t leave your nutrition to chance. The Healthy Chef Florida’s made fresh home delivery makes it easy.
At The Healthy Chef Florida, we prepare each meal with a complex carb, a protein and a vegetable source. Everything is measured and weighed to get you just the right blend of macronutrients your body needs to kick-start the results you are looking for. They are then packaged fresh delivered to you. No shopping, no cooking, just pure enjoyment and results.
If you are ready to get your carb intake right at the level it needs to be – give The Healthy Chef Florida a try! Give us a call at 239-288-4726 or visit online at healthychefflorida.com.